Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nature Walk II

Here are some photos taken on Monday, July 19th from my second nature walk just outside the SEARCH campus. Rushina and I walked the same loop, including the dirt mound, as I did on my first nature walk (see Mini Adventures).

A path and break in the fence leading to the fields.

We saw a single cow munching away on some grass.

The cow saw us and then proceeded to walk up the dirt mound so that he was right behind us. As we walked along the ridge he decided to follow us. He wanted to go on the nature walk too.

Rushina with the cow following us. Eventually we let him pass us and he went on his merry way. We saw him later munching in a new patch of grass.

Some villagers working in the rice paddies.

It had rained a lot since the first time I went on this walk a couple weeks ago. Now a pond had formed where there used to be only dirt.

Same view, just horizontal.

Some young boys were swimming in the new pond. We saw a couple riding the cows through the water. We couldn't tell if they were washing the cows or just having fun.

On the walk back to campus we ran into a group of school girls. They let me take their photo. After walking away they turned around and asked us our names. They told us theirs and we told them ours, "Mazha nav Aliza ahe".

Back near the main entrance of SEARCH, a sculpture protects the grounds.

4 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but looking at that adorable cow and reading about how he followed you makes me proud to be a vegetarian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cow is the skinniest thing I've ever seen. I've seen plenty of cows; after all, I AM from Ohio.

    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice pictures Aliza. The cows are skinny because they are vegetarian!! Probably not enough to eat, tho.

    You are going to have a lot of good memories from this experience. Keep the blogs coming.

    Love, G'ma and G'pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cow is seriously cute and yes, could stand to munch on a bit more grass. Think you can bring him back as a pet? :)

    ReplyDelete